Tyne and Wear HER(17507): Willington Quay, Potter Street, Albion Inn Public House - Details
Willington Quay, Potter Street, Albion Inn Public House
Albion Inn on Potter Street opened in 1853. Present building dates to 1913-1914 when it was owned by Henry and Edward Emmerson, Brewers of Sandyford Rd, Newcastle. On March 4th 1913 permission was granted to start on rebuilding by Wallsend Magistrates. On 20th January 1914 alterations were completed. Also known as the Top House. It was due to be demolished in the late 1960s as part of the Tyne Tunnel construction. It survived and is still open.
Boundey, S. 2010, Wallsend Pubs and Clubs, p31;